- A Boat Race team may be made up
of at most 4 members.
- Each member must consume a pint
or half pint of their preferred beverage.
- A total of 4 pints of beverage
must be consumed by the team.
- At least one member of each
team must consume an alcoholic beverage.
- The team should line up in a
straight line, one behind the other.
- The glass containing the
beverage should NOT be touching the lips of any team member before they
are officially cleared to drink.
- An adjudicator will be appointed
before the boat race. They will act as judgement on any decisions or
- The adjudicator holds the right
to request a top up of any beverage they deem to not be filled to a full
pint/half pint measure. If such a request cannot be fulfilled, they have
the right to fill the remainder with any beverage they have to hand.
- The race will begin on the word
drink from a count of “3… 2… 1… drink” from the adjudicator of the race
- On commencement of the race,
the member of the team at the front of the queue must begin to drink their
beverage. Once they have finished, they must place the empty pint glass
upside down on their head, and then sit on the floor. Once they are sat on
the floor, the next team mate in the queue may begin to consume, and so
on… until all members of the team are seated.
- Beverages must only be consumed
in pint measures or half pint measures.
- If one member of a team is
consuming more than 1 pint, they must consume the first pint, put the
glass on their head, sit on the floor, and once the next person in the
queue has started, they must go to the back of the queue and wait in line to
do the next quantity.
- The winning team is the fastest
team to consume all of their beverages and be sat on the floor.
- Any “kamikaze-ing” will result
in an immediate disqualification from being able to win the trophy.
- A “kamikaze” is defined as any
process which results in beverage being disposed of in a way that is not
direct consumption by a team member, or any beverage being contained in
the pint glass while it is placed upside down on the head of a team
- Any behaviour which is contrary
to the license or policy of the establishment where the boat race is being
held will result in an instant disqualification.
- Interference in the progress of
another team will result in an instant disqualification.
- Failure to place the empty pint
glass upside down on a head or to sit down, by a team member will result
in the disqualification of that team.
- Before the boat race, an
official videographer will be named. In the result of any controversy, a
video replay can be asked for by any participating teams.
- The Captain of the reigning
championship team may choose to consume his beverage out of the trophy if
he so wishes.
- There may be only one 'ringer' in each team, a person who has not competed in that days competition.